2013 was a big year of change for me. My boyfriend and I moved from Memphis, Tennessee to Indianapolis, Indiana- a place we knew nothing about and where we knew absolutely no one! I retired from roller derby which was a huge part of my life for the last 3 years, started blogging again, lost my last grandparent, officially opened Joy’s Vintage Closet, finally decided on a career goal, and got diagnosed with a mental disorder that I’ve been dealing with for quite sometime. It’s been a year. A year of learning and a year of change.
I want 2014 to be the year of doing.I want to be more organized in every aspect of my life. I’ve already purchased a couple of notebooks for planning. They’re all pocket-sized so that I can carry them with me and have no excuses for overbooking or missing an event. I want to be conscious of what I put into my mouth, make healthy decisions, and exercise regularly. I want to see/experience something new every month! Whether it’s just a new restaurant or a new country. I want to see it! I’ve already planned my January trip. I will be visiting a friend in Florida. We are going to Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Stoked! I want to make more friends here in Indianapolis. I want to work on building an actual savings account and actually use a budget.
I think 2014 is going to be a great year and I’m looking forward to what it will bring!
Happy holidays! Christmas is only a week away! I’ve completed the majority of my shopping, but still have a few things to pick up for my loved ones. Always last minute. Tsk, tsk! Here are a few things I’d be happy to see under my tree this year.
L to R, Top to Bottom
1. Sanrio x Tokidoki overnight bag-I love the Sanrio x Tokidoki mashups and usually get at least one thing from each collection. I’ve been drooling over the overnight bag. It would be perfect for my weekend and overnight trips.
2. Clone High-Remember this series that aired on MTV back in the day? I loved and still do love it! I have random episodes on a hard drive, but would love to own the actual DVD.
3. Memphis Skateland Tee-A shirt that shouts out my hometown AND includes the logo from one of the skating rinks I frequented as a child?! Sign me up for 3, please!
4. Sailor Mercury Figuarts figure-I plan on collecting all of the scouts, as they are released. Mercury is my favorite of the inner scouts! Since she was just released last month, she of course is on my list. I love that they included her signature mini computer.
5. Krobo quote bracelet-These beautiful bracelets are made by QuellyRue Designs. Each one is unique and is inscribed with one of 8 inspring quotes.
What’s on your holiday wishlist?
December! Where did you come from!? This year has flown by so quickly! I feel like we were just welcoming in the year 2013 and here we are. So close to saying goodbye to it.
I hope all of my American friends had a lovely Thanksgiving holiday wherever and however you spent it! My boyfriend and I had loose plans on traveling to either of our families Thanksgiving celebrations, but at the last minute decided on a stay-cation. Just me, him, and Piper(dog). Last minute meant we had to brave the crowded grocery stores on Thanksgiving Eve to get the makings for a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Totally worth it. On Thanksgiving, we parked it on the couch in our pj’s, with our food and watched movies and caught up on TV. It was nice to have a holiday to ourselves. Very relaxing. In the past, we’ve gone to Black Friday sales the day after Thanksgiving, but this Black Friday we both did some shopping online. I picked up a couple of dresses from Modcloth and this cute Sailor Moon tee from Teefury*.
As a former girl scout and a huge Sailor Moon fan this tee had me squealing. Isn’t it rad?! I can’t wait for everything to arrive.
Did you take advantage of Black Friday sales? If you did, tell me what you purchased! And if you have the heads up on any Cyber Monday deals, let me know.